Friday, June 15, 2007

I salute you "DSP Sarabjeet Singh"

This article on meri-news touched my heart. The officer went against the 'fatwa' by terrorists and performed the last rituals for the son of a 70 year old lady. I salute to the officer for his brave deed!! These are the people who command respect. His duty did not require him to do that but he chose to do it. That makes it more touching. I have seen this kind of scenes in bollywood movies, but it makes me happy to know that there are real people playing those roles in real life!!
I know it'll take few years for this kind of article to feature in the mainstream print or electronic media. But I hope it happen sooner than later.

Link to the article

2 comments:

unfuel the planet said...

really a very touching story

Anonymous said...

Well written amit....Well for your comment on the president candidate. i feel, the Lady Patil is a candidate by chance, not by choice. And right now the occasion is for presidential election, so the post. Constituencies wud be taken care when their elections come. But that hardly matters. Cos no one gives them a damn to who wins, all r same. Shitty A$$wols....